First Week! 5/09/22 - 7/09/22

Week 1 of  Milly's acting journey at college: 

Going into my first week of college on the 5th September, was scary but exciting all at the same time. I had already met a few people during an induction day before the GCSE madness began, so recognised a few people on my real first day. Thankfully, I knew my friend Adam Levick from a theatre group we are both apart of which made me feel so much more at ease that I wasn't mixing with complete strangers and that if I were to get lost, I'd have a friend joining me. Our first day was just getting to know everyone and learning names, which I enjoyed as it introduced me to some people who are now my close friends. We were also formally introduced to our teachers Kelly and Kane, who are so lovely and reassured us all if there were any concerns to always talk to them. They also told us about upcoming projects, which I'm so looking forward to! Our second day was spent doing the same and practising warm up games in order to use them in the future before a lesson or even an audition began. Finally, our third day was spent with the 2nd years, where we got into pairs and spent a few minutes with one second year talking about the course. They were all so welcoming and answered any questions I had concerning the course. My first week at college was just the best, and made the following week more comfortable for me. I did also know Emily Howard from secondary school, and seeing her on the first day was such a nice surprise and added to that sense of comfort I was already feeling, being surrounded by fellow aspiring actors. I feel so at home at college and feel like I've fitted in perfectly, with future projects already being planned and a Halloween event at the Globe starting to be discussed. 



Here was one of the
many pictures we took 
as a group to remember 
such a memorable and 
successful first day!


Comments

Popular Posts