4/01/23 - 5/01/23

 Week 14 of Milly's acting journey

On our first day back on Wednesday 4th, we had been told to use the following day as an assignment day where we would spend the day finishing or doing more tasks for our assignment. I made sure to make my main priority to finish all tasks except the final one, since I prefer doing that in college with everyone around me, so I can easily ask for feedback. I got up to task 5, leaving me with just task 4 since that was a bigger task and task 6 which is an evaluation task. This set me up nicely for returning back to college as it meant over one or two weeks I could have it done and finished. On Wednesday 4th, we all met in the dance studio where we would read through the Connection's script. I was looking forward to this as the summary that we all read before breaking up for Christmas, sounded amazing and so interesting to stage. We all sat down ready to readthrough, and I've never done it this way, but instead of sitting down and reading lines, you had to stand up in the middle and act it out. I thoroughly enjoyed this way of reading through the script since you could visualize how it would look like and you also saw which roles people were wanting to read in for the most. I got up twice and read in for Older Stefi during a talk with other characters at her father's restaurant, and younger Kobi when the kids are outside. Since we had ran out of time for the day session, we left all curious and intrigued. I really liked the character's Belle and Stefi as they are both complex and have big backgrounds when you compare them to their younger selves.  I couldn't wait to read the rest to see obviously what would happen with Tom Joy, but to also see which character I would prefer to go for in auditions.

On Thursday 5th, we had a workshop on a new film "Unbroken" which Kelly wrote for Netflix but due to Covid and other reasons, it never got picked up, so she decided to have our course and the Film and Tv Course make it into what Kelly pictured it to be. We had a look through the characters, the premise of the film and how long it would take to film it. I loved the idea of the film since I hadn't see a movie that had that concept of a female boxer since it usually tends to be male boxers. When I got home, I read through the script and I was immediately drawn to Riley due to her relationship with her sister which I found interesting yet unique, and how she handles all of her responsibilities. I was really glad the first days back at college were directed to the two main projects of the term as it sets us up for the following weeks during the audition processes and we got to know everything about them straight away. We had little time left after the film workshop, so we sat back down and readthrough the rest of the Connection's script.



Comments

Popular Posts