13/3/23 - 16/3/23 Show Week!

 Week 23 of Milly's acting journey

On Monday 13th March, I had sent the previous night staying up watching the Oscars so I didn't have much sleep to get me through the rest of the day. I loved watching them and it was  my second time watching them with family live, and it always makes me cry seeing such hard-working talented people finally being acknowledged for the impact and connection they have given to the public. I'm an avid movie goer and love supporting my local cinema, nothing like seeing new films on the big screen.  So spending a night celebrating film was the best for me. Anyway, on Monday our cast and the understudy cast were all in the theatre taking in turns showing each other their reenactment of the Old Times play. Overall, I felt that we could have done a lot better. It was a Monday morning so we just needed to shake off our tiredness. We could have projected our voice a lot more, and been more expressive in terms of the way our lines were spoken. However, knowing I had lots of feedback to remember, it was nice to sit and watch the understudies cast and see all the hard work they have put into their show. I'm excited to watch their show and perform ours on Thursday. 



On Tuesday, our entire course spent the whole day at the Edge Bar in Stockton, filming scenes for the feature film. I was playing an extra which was so interesting as I got to see and be apart of the background, whilst learning so much about what it's like on a real life set. I learnt how after a section of a scene is over, you can move afterwards but you need to remember your exacts movements and where you were when the scene ended due to continuity reasons. I was able to be useful in front of the camera, and as Sienna's character walks into the building, I walk swiftly past her subtly past her shoulder. This little interaction allowed me to learn little things also, as accidentally I was in the shot so they had to re-do the scene. I apologised but was told it happens and not to worry, which reminded me it's true and mistakes happen. Near to the end of our day, we were all apart of a dance scene, where myself and others were sat down and some were up dancing. However, so that the microphones can pick up the audio of the cameras, no music is played during the scene, the extras and actors have to pretend there is music. I found this hilarious, watching everyone dance to zero music and seeing how they coped with it which everyone did amazingly at. I found the day very different to our normal Connection rehearsal days, however it was great being on set and helping the feature film out since screen acting is my desired pathway for my future.



On Wednesday, we had a whole dress rehearsal which went just perfect in my eyes. We were all in correct costume for our characters, and the props were being put into use to tie everything together like it's the real show. I made sure to use all of the knowledge I had been gifted from both my fellow actors, Kelly, Tom and Mark. This why I believe it made us all so excited for Show Day as we were all so pumped and ready to perform to everyone, and show the college what we had been working so hard on.  

Show Day can be found on my blog titled ' Unit 6 + 7 - National Theatre Connections Evaluation ' 


Comments

Popular Posts