National Theatre Connections – Character Research and Development on Stefi

 National Theatre Connections - Older Stefi Character Letter To Younger Self

Write a letter to your younger self giving them advice about what lessons they should learn and what they wish they had done differently.

Dear Young Stefi,

I'd ask how's life but I already know the way it's going to go. I'm writing to lend my words of wisdom but be ready for your future. If you believe the only hardship going on, is that your Dad's shop isn't tidy then you have another thing coming your way. Most importantly, hold onto life's dearest moments. You won't understand what I mean but you'll know when the times arrives. Maturing won't be one of life's natural changes, it's something you'll achieve overnight. I know how much you want to be an adult, to do anything your heart desires without being guided and told off, but now as a 16 year old I can safely say I wished my life had turned left and gone down a different direction where my life was care-free, the way I want it to be. Your a strong, independent girl, don't ever change. I promise it is one of your greatest attributes. Your strength doesn't compare to anyone else. Right now anyway it doesn't. Zafer is going to need your help, so you need to use that strength for him. He's going to feel alone, confused and scared and go through something that no-one would wish onto their worst enemy. All I'm here to say is be strong. You're going to feel more alone than ever and that's okay. Believe your guts and everything will be fine. See you soon x

Comments

Popular Posts