11/12/23 - 15/12/23 Show Week for Peter Pan!

 Show Week at The Arc

On Monday, we moved everything into the arc to begin our run of shows for Peter Pan. All of our hard work and dedication was going to be put on show and I was slightly nervous but mostly excited for it to happen. With our cast being the first to perform, we were the chosen cast for the tech run. I remember the tech run for Little Women where it included a lot of stopping and starting so that the tech people can make notes and figure our their lighting cues. When we did the tech run, there were moments where I was asked where I end a song, I'd say and then they would tell me that I have to be there for the lights which I think is so interesting. We missed sections out which I knew would happen because of it being a tech run, but I also knew I would be going over those scenes tomorrow in the dress run through where it would be fluid and wouldn't stop. We all had assigned dressing rooms as well which meant we were all in nice spaces and could keep our costumes and props with us in a safe place. The day was quite stoppy and starting but it allowed me to figure out what I needed to do for the dress run the next day. I also planned when to get my props and when to leave them so that I was organized and prepared for myself. I took my costume home just before I left so that I knew I had it with me and didn't need to be searching for it when I arrived in the morning. By being prepared the day before allowed me to not be stressed and it meant I could focus on my songs and lines the night before. 



Tuesday was the dress run through and we began straight away. I put my dress on, my white bow and me and Laura were sharing shoes for Wendy so I placed them on and made sure all my props were in the correct place they needed to be in. Personally, the dress run was the best run through we had done of it ever. Everything we had perfected went well and other than our first darlings song at the end, all the songs sounded really amazing. I knew for me, I needed to be stronger in 'Peter' and when interacting with Peter be more intrigued rather than acting as in I've known this boy all my life. However, I thought as a whole it went so well, and it set me up for tomorrow nicely. I knew the small things I had to look at but I didn't need to panic about anything. Kelly thought it was full of energy which is the best compliment to have for a show, and we all made sure to keep it high and to not let it drop now. I felt with the set and the props and with everyone wearing their costumes, it all felt real and it allowed me to fully feel like Wendy. We also had our mics on so using them in our run through was a cool experience. I remember using one for Connections at York last year, and with our singing in Peter Pan, it allowed us to just increase our volume that extra bit more. Before we all left, Will's mam came in to talk to us about the relaxed performance happening tomorrow. We learnt some sign language that will help us if we interact with anyone closely and told us what to expect during our performance. I'm so glad I'm being able to perform as a main character during this relaxed performance, as it's something I can look back on and be proud of for being involved in. 





Wednesday was Cast 1 Show Day - look at blog titled: 

Unit 9 - Peter Pan Evaluation 

The remaining show days were similar to one another as I was a Brave Girl for both days and I only had to focus on one character for the rest of my time performing. I made sure though to put all of my energy and commitment into the Brave Girl's scenes and dances as those girls are full of energy and need to be full out. They are known for protecting Peter Pan and those that need protecting so are known for being strong and caring. I've loved playing Wendy but I have also loved playing a Brave Girls as it's a character I've definitely not been at all. Whilst also being a Brave Girl, I made sure to help my fellow Wendy's out as I had done it already and knew what to do and expect. I was there to help them out with props and when to get them and also bits they might have missed like with dances or lighting cues. I was there to tell them. I loved doing this as I feel like we all have helped each other in this whole process. As a whole entire group, we all ended Peter Pan with a bang and we loved it this sharing this whole experience with one another. 



Comments

Popular Posts