16/10/23 - 20/10/23

 Week 39 of Milly's acting journey 

On Monday, we began the lesson by focusing on being together as a group. As part of our warm-up, we tried to stand up, walk, stop and sit down all together without anyone being too slow or too fast. Personally, I felt we all did very well but there's lots of people in our class who talked during it which definitely disrupted the flow we were on and those that were still stood up, or dropped down late made our attempts go on for longer. However, our stops were probably the best part of our togetherness, as you could feel when one person would slow down, which allows it to be seamless. Just like the previous Monday, we spent an hour in our directing groups to make progress on it and see what other ideas we all had to share. We got through more lines and decided who they would go to, and figured out some blocking as well, so it felt very productive for me. After a little break, we got into our groups for the globe and discussed if there were any small changes to be added and how we all felt about it all. We also went over the end scene which was created by Morgan and Alan and includes lots of reacting verbally and physically to anything that is said or done. This means staying in character and not looking uninterested, when really my character would be very excited. We went over it many times, and I felt like it'll end the show very nicely and add a creepy touch. For example, we have a moment when the audience come in, and our reactions stop and go quiet, and we all stare intensely at the audience coming in. Our morning session was then followed by enrichment which for me is the writers group and dance. I couldn't get to dance as writers group ran over, but I found I came up with lots of ideas for my script and I can't wait to start getting my ideas down. Since I'm a drama ambassador, I also stayed back to help out and spend taking part in a workshop for some interested acting students, who are wanting to join next year. I got to speak to a boy who was willing to learn our script off by heart that we were given as part of the workshop and was very interested in all the shows we had done. He even came to one of my shows so we talked about that and my experience of it all. I really enjoy being able to see the next group that will come along, as I can offer them my advice and why it's such an amazing course. 

On Friday, I decided to come in to catch up on blogger and any assignments, as well as stay to support and watch Musical Theatre's showcase. I managed to get caught up and started properly writing my personal statement. I had spent the majority of my time collecting notes and thinking of how to start it, which massively helped me when it came to actually writing it up. I also came in to help be an extra in one of the film student's music videos. It was set in the aviation room which was a cool experience. I also had time with Kane where he offered to take mine and Alan's headshots, which I was so grateful for and it was also a new experience for Kane as well. Overall, I felt like I had a really productive day and was able to tick off lots on my to-do list.  


Comments

Popular Posts