22/04/24 - 25/04/24

 Week 56 of Milly's acting journey

Monday was a little bit different to how we normally spend it. The woman who came and saw our college performance of 'SHOUT' told us about a Shakespeare opportunity she had, but the dates she mentioned were the dates where I'm on holiday, so I didn't want to commit when I couldn't do it anyway. The same woman and her company decided to arrange a workshop and auditions for the Shakespeare shows. Since I knew couldn't do the actual show dates, I decided not to participate, which was fine since it wasn't compulsory and myself and a few others went with Abbie to do some jobs. The jobs we had to do were catch-up on blogger and look over assignments that are coming up. I needed to do some blogger catch-up so I made the most of this free time we had. Alongside this, we had to look over our production role, which I decided to jot down some notes and ideas I had concerning it. Once all of our jobs had been completed, we were allowed to go home so that's what I did once I had finished. 

Tuesday was a very exciting day. Without realizing when we went into the dance studio, Tom, Abbie and Kelly were all sat down which meant it was cast reveal day! We found out after break since Kelly needed a little bit more time since she wanted the casts to be perfect and give everyone a little challenge. Me and Adam sat next to each other when we found that we are both Nurse Ratched and Billy Bibbit in the same cast!! I'm so beyond happy to be given the challenge of Nurse Ratched, and knowing ill be in the same cast as my best friend makes this final show even more enjoyable. Straight after lunch, we cracked straight on with rehearsals, where 'One Flew Over..' were with Kelly, and 'Radium Girls' were with Tom. I'm in Cast 1 so we went first in rehearsing, and anyone not in Cast1 sat and watched. It was great to have rehearsals for it so quickly and it got me understanding the type of mindset I need to have for a character like Nurse Ratched.

Wednesday was the York performance of 'SHOUT' and since I'm not in it, I stayed at home and tried to learn some lines as best as I could, now I knew who I was playing.

Thursday I was ill unfortunately, so I kept to learning lines. 


Comments

Popular Posts