20/05/24 - 23/05/24

 Week 59 of Milly's acting journey

We began our week by walking down to the barrage as part of the fundraising. Since I'm on fundraising team, it was important that we got everyone doing it to raise money, and not have to push people to do it. It was lovely weather, so it was perfect for our walk ad everyone on the fundraising team was glad everyone had done at least one walk. When we all got back, we spent the morning just talking about what scenes we wanted to focus on since we had completed the whole script, and it now needed a polish on certain parts. We also talked with the costume and props team what type of things we needed, and what things were priorities on the list. We did this so we could see what scenes everyone wanted to focus on and were having problems with so that we could get it sorted, and also let the costume team tick us and what we needed off their list. After lunch, we went into SRC 2 due to a lack of rooms and rehearsed in one of the spare rooms they had. We decided as a team that Cast 1 would try and do a full run through and we ended up getting to just before the party scene in Act 2. To me, it felt like a solid run through. There were points personally where I didn't need my script but I didn't want to forget a line so kept to holding it, which I want to try and not do next time I get a chance at a run through. Act 1 felt really secure, so I feel really confident when performing those scenes. I'm looking forward to finishing our run tomorrow. On the night, myself and few other people on my course went and saw Musical Theatre's show of 'We Will Rock You!' which I thought was slightly hard to follow at times, but I'm always so blown away by the singing and dancing that I ended up really enjoying it.

On Tuesday, myself and Cast 1 finished our run through from where we got up to from yesterday's rehearsal. I got to finally do Billy's death scene with Adam, and I felt like our dynamic in the entire scene is so well thought out, and I loved acting alongside him, so I can't wait to do it in the actual shows. Once we had finished our run through, we went on a lunch break and Cast 2 went straight into a full run through of the show. They got to the same point that we got up to so our schedule for tomorrow would be to complete their run. 

On Wednesday, due to Musical Theatre going in later for their shows, the theatre was free, so we took full advantage of it and used it for today's session. Millie wasn't feeling too well, so I filled in for the end of her Cast 2 run through which consisted of the party scene, Billy's death and also McMurphy's death. We took a small break and then to see what the entrances would look like, we did a full run through of Cast 1. We got to do a full run without as many stops as possible and it ran to just under two hours which was good news. I was really glad to have a full run through just before breaking up for a whole week off, and it showed what I needed to personally work on regarding Nurse Ratched during my time off. 

We had the theatre again on Thursday, and before we did any rehearsals, Kelly grabbed me and Millie to go and see construction to measure our heads for Nurse Ratched's station. It was really cool to see how it'll look and it looks quite big so it'll feel like a proper station, which is very exciting. When we both returned, Cast 2 started a full run through. To fill any blank spaces on stage, myself, Beth and Erin who play Nurses in Cast 1, played random Nurses in the background for Cast 2, and we just pottered on in the background filling up the 'medicine' and checking on patients that weren't speaking in a scene. They managed to do a full run through, which meant both casts had a run through ready for returning back in a weeks time. I've really loved the rehearsal process of 'One Flew Over..' and I can't wait to bring Nurse Ratched to life when we perform it. 



Comments

Popular Posts