Unit 12: Task 2.2 - Production Role

Candidate Declaration - I confirm that the attached portfolio is all my own work and does not include any work completed by anyone other than myself

Task 2.2 – Your production role. Demonstrate the ability to contribute to the planning, organisation and development of a collaborative performance.

https://stocktoncollege-my.sharepoint.com/:p:/r/personal/02200729_stockton_ac_uk/Documents/Microsoft%20Teams%20Chat%20Files/Fundraising!%201.pptx?d=wf92cc0891ac7428ab7b9c8b787a216aa&csf=1&web=1&e=OSSmjo

Above is my presentation that I collaborated and created with Freya, Adam, Emily, Will and Millie. We presented it to Kelly and Abigail, and it consists of our plans for more fundraising to happen, fundraising that's already happened, and what prizes we have to get people excited and involved. We also write about what we would spend the fundraising money on so that there's already a clear plan for after raising the money. The group of people I worked with were dedicated and full of creative fundraising ideas which made my entire production role process enjoyable, and even with some our fundraising ideas, we went extravagant rather than small by having an idea like a fayre on the grass outside of college. By having bigger ideas, it shows our creativity and how we want people to be interested by the fundraising not bored by it. Other people in the class were also doing independent fundraising, which was so generous, for example Hayley in 1st Year did a blind card and got everyone she knows to give in £2 to have a go. By things like that, there's an extra £30 to our pot for our two shows. Everyone collectively wants the shows to be brought to the next level to back our acting, with the use of props, costumes and pieces of important set, so it's clear how much everyone's putting themselves forward to help add money to our pot. I normally do marketing for production role, and I wanted to challenge myself with a job that would consist of more jobs and getting lots of people involved. It takes more pushing to get others involved, like our walk to the barrage and back, since a lot of people would definitely rather stay at college or go straight home once the day has finished. However, as part of our morning warm-ups, we made the walk part of it and everyone got involved and thoroughly enjoyed it. We are still fundraising with the 'Name the Koala' and 'Guess How Many Sweets Are In the Jar' which will be announced before both shows. 

Alongside fundraising, I helped the Front of House team decorate the stalls and entrance to the theatre, as well as prepare things like sweets and drinks. I worked closely with Beth printing out posters and cutting them to show off when our audience enter the college, and we filled clear bags with generous amounts of sweets and tying them to be sold before the two shows. All of the Front of House work I helped out with was for Radium Girls since I was quite busy with 'One Flew Over..' so I was glad I was able to support their show and make the audience feel excited and comfortable before watching it. Since we set the decorations up hours before the first show day, it was nice advertising too for Radium Girls as I noticed many people stopping to look at the tea stained newspapers we had stuck up on the box office, and ask what it was for. Me and Beth also printed out green clocks to add pieces of wire to hang up which added a bit extra to the theatres entrance.  I enjoyed helping Beth and Emily Howard out, and being creative with this part of my production role. On both nights, I helped sell sweet treats and drinks from the tuck shop and interacted with audience members who were looking forward to the show.




Comments

Popular Posts